Friday, May 7, 2010

Finding Reviews For the Lead America Program

Preparing for College with Lead America

Ever since I got back from the Lead America Leadership Summit, I’ve been trying to figure out what kind of part time job to apply for. I don’t want to just go to work at the mall – working retail sucks, for me at least. I want to do something interesting that makes me think and gives me real-world experience. I mean, I’m preparing for college and the rest of my life. I’ve been looking at the career conference descriptions on lead-america.org and reading reviews online, and I’ve decided I want to go to the one for National Security and Intelligence. My dad has a friend who’s a pretty prominent lawyer in town, so maybe I could clerk in his office. And it turns out that his son actually went to a Lead America conference a few years back, so hopefully he’ll give me a job! My dad’s friend chases down Medicare scam artists, which actually sounds pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment